Saturday, October 9, 2010

Candidate Posting: Barry Hill

BARRY HILL - HINDMARSH WARD



I am a candidate for the forthcoming City of Charles Sturt Council elections and thank you for the opportunity to write a few words in this local website.
My overiding concern is for the proper management of increasing population density and all the problems that infers. Our Bowden to Kilkenny area is targeted for higher density living. I will work to ensure we have a community that is a nice place to live and grow in, where we care for each other. In other words a village environment within a city. Issues dear to me are;
Residents parking permits for narrow streets.
Retaining our native trees on footpaths. Currently many including my street are scheduled for replacement with exotics that do not attract birdlife.
The state of many footpaths. Too many are difficult for disabled, mothers with prams and the elderly.
Council rate rises kept in line with inflation except in exceptional circumstances.
Retaining heritage buildings.
Decent standards of housing developments. Some in the Brompton area are potential slums in waiting.
Stormwater management.
Traffic flow management.
About me.
I am a married man with 5 adult children. My wife is legally disabled these days giving me a good understanding of people with disabilities. I have lived in high density cities in Indonesia and Hong Kong and observed first hand several ways people co-exist in dense population areas. I am a middle level manager with trade and tertiary qualifications and extensive water industry experience.
I am passionate about our community and will work for you.

I, Barry Hill of 4 Pickering St Brompton, take responsibility for my comments.


LGA Web page: http://www.lgcandidates.sa.gov.au/index.cfm?objectid=B82939E4-C571-11DF-8BF10024E82DD5AF

No comments:

Blog Archive

Echo